Wednesday, October 17, 2018

10-17-18



Today Melqui, Mykel, and Nicolle worked on the robot, they fixed some issues with the wheels/motor and the arm and how it's going to pick up the caps. I worked on SolidWorks since today is the last day to get it done and turn it in since the quarter is ending.
 top
 right
 front
iso

Thursday, October 11, 2018

10-11-18



Today is the final day to complete our SolidWorks and challenge before the end of the first quarter. Fiona's adding the final tweaks to the second model of the robot which is designed for the cap challenge, so it consists of the arms and the end of the arm which is actually responsible for picking up the caps. Mykel, Melqui and I are working on adding the very final tweaks on the robot itself.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

10-9-18



We're re-positioning the chain's gears to accommodate the wheels on the robot. We're also connecting the arm's two motors to the cortex so we can start programming them. So far, the robot is looking pretty good and we hope to be done with the challenge we need by the end of the quarter. 🔧🔩

Friday, October 5, 2018

10-5-18






We found out that the problem with our arm wasn't because the battery was dead but with how our gears were placed. So today we exchanged the gears we had for our arm with ones that were a different size to change the torque. We also worked on fixing our program and wire placement to be able to move our robot. So far it moves smoothly



10-3-18



Today the main focus was working on programming the arm of our robot. We hit a few bumps on the road when the arm wasn't moving when we tried to control it. We hope that the problem was only dealing with the battery because it wasn't charged and not with the structure of the robot itself.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

9-27-18



Today Mykel and Melqui decided that they wanted to fix some stuff on our robot and Fiona and I helped. Anthony came over to our table for "moral support." 😂 Overall, we're doing some good progress and hopefully, by next class, we'll be closer and closer to completing the challenge.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

9-25-18



We're working on placing the arm on our robot and we're making some minor adjustments by changing up the way we're going to get our robot to pick up the balls. Instead of having two large gears with rubber bands, the large "picker upper," we're going to use two smaller ones. The reason we're doing this is because we realize that we don't have too much space and we need it in order to connect the picker upper with the part that is gonna be attached to the shooter. The boys want to figure that part out while Fiona and I work on building and bettering the bottom parts for the arms of the robot.

Friday, September 21, 2018

9-21-18



We came up with an idea for our arm and tried to incorporate it into our robot. We worked more on our robot's ability to pick up the balls as well as where we were gonna place it on our robot. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

9-18-18



Today we were all trying to figure out how exactly we were going to place the "claw" on our robot and how we were going to get it to work. We visualized where exactly on the robot we're gonna place the rails that will serve as its arms, as well as how we're going to get Mykel's idea of a scissor lift assembly to work in order to be able to lift up and flip the caps easily. We also came up with some idea as to how many two wire motors we're going to need in order for the claw and arms to function properly.

Friday, September 14, 2018

9-14-18



Fiona and I started to make the "claw" for our robot so we could pick up the caps. We tried different designs until we found one that we liked and worked for us. Mykel and Melqui worked more on modifying the structure of how to pick up the balls on the arena for the challenge that follows.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

9-12-18







Fiona worked on the rest of our solidworks robot. Like shown above we have the front, right, top, and isometric views of our finished robot. Now we have to update it to match our physical robot. Mykel, me, and Melqui worked more on finding a way to implement the all shooter. 

10-17-18

Today Melqui, Mykel, and Nicolle worked on the robot, they fixed some issues with the wheels/motor and the arm and how it's going...